COVID-19 Operations Plan
The safety of our students, staff, and faculty are of paramount importance to the Department of Economics. Towards fostering a safe and healthy environment, we have made the following changes for Fall 2020:
- While the Department of Economics is devoted to high quality instruction, which is often best achieved through in-person interactions, such in-person instruction is not as critical in our discipline as it is in some others. Thus, you will find that many of our courses are offered online for the fall. With that said, most of our online courses are taught in a synchronous format, which still allows for direct interaction between the faculty and student, similar to what is possible during in-person instruction. We will return to relying on in-person instruction as soon as circumstances allow it.
- The Department requires office hours to be held remotely, consistent with University policy.
- The Department requires advising to be held remotely. Click here for details.
- The Department has posted occupancy limits consistent with University policy for all shared spaces. Department members are expected to abide by these limits.
- The Department will enforce all University policies, including requiring all members to fill out the Health Screen form before entering our buildings and to wear masks in all shared spaces.